mitochondria
Ventrilo
Follow via Facebook Follow via Twitter Follow via YouTube Follow via RSS Steam Group

Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 773 times)

Cates

• Veteran
  • Star Citizen Officer
Mass Effect 3
« on: Mar 18, 2013, 06:10 PM »
Since the Citadel DLC came out, I had an itch to do an honest replay of ME3. I played it at launch, non stop and like so many others, when I got to the end it was a major disappointment. I didn't try the extended cut, or any of the other DLC over the course of the past year, even though I still purchased it. On the fifth, the Citadel DLC was released and I started round two, took me about 40 hours (I'm a perfectionist/completionist when it comes to ME) and it was a much more positive experience than it was a year ago. Thought I'd share a few things some of you guys might find interesting.

First off, what is the Citadel DLC? The Citadel DLC is the last story driven DLC for ME3. Like all other DLC's for ME3, you must complete it before going to Cronos Station. Quite simply, it's one of the best DLC's ever, it is easily on par with Lair of the Shadow Broker from ME2, if not better. The DLC is broken up into two parts, the gameplay portion where you uncover the plot of the DLC, etc. Then the character portion, where you get to play with, talk to, hang with pretty much every character since release. I would recommend saving this DLC till later in the game. Everything done and the only thing left to do is Cronos Station? Do this. You'll have all your characters available for the gameplay portion, as well as everyone around for the party afterwards. Yes, theres a party. Seriously though, this DLC feels like it was written by Joss Whedon. Highlights: Wrex's entrance, Grunt's story, Kasumi popping in and out of conversations during the party. Supposedly there are different ways to do the party, i.e. you want to save before starting it, and depending on the order of the music you play, different convos happen.

Leviathan Leviathan is a DLC that is best around the middle of the game. I'd recommend doing it after you've locked in your LI for this playthrough as dialogue changes if you bring her/him on the mission, as well as dialogue after the mission. This DLC is heavy on lore, light on action. But its a total must. Very well done. Has some very creepy moments.

Omega Whereas Leviathan is long on lore, short on action, Omega is the opposite. Constant fighting through the back alleys of Omega. Aria's character development however is welcome. Its a solid DLC and a good source of XP if you're looking to level. As far as plot, I'd say you can do this whenever.
Spoiler (hover to show)

All the multiplayer DLC is free as I'm sure EA has lined their pockets with people purchasing BW points to buy the packs. The multiplayer itself has received a total facelift from the way it was. I played a lot of the ME3 Multi Beta and when the game rolled around I burned myself out. However the content for Multiplayer (Maps, Guns, Characters, Difficulty) has tripled, and learning the intricacies of the new characters is a lot of fun.

Happy Ending Mod This is a player mod that ties directly into the Extended Cut DLC. I haven't played it yet, though I will when I complete this playthrough. The Trailer looks impressive (in spoiler) with what they've accomplished. Basically for people who still weren't satisfied with the extended cut. Like I said, gonna give it a shot, I like what I see.
Spoiler (hover to show)

Notes: My imported Shepard is Full Paragon, Liara romance from ME1, all sidequests completed in ME1 and 2, everyone survived suicide mission in ME2. If anyone needs a save for ME2 or 3, I'd be willing to provide a link for it.
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2013, 06:16 PM by Cates »

Deatch

• Veteran
Re: Mass Effect 3
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2013, 01:01 PM »
Thanks, I'll take you up on your offer.

Full paragon - check.
All characters survived ME2 - check.
Liara romance - check.
All loyalty missions done from ME2 - check.

Oh man, my femshep is going to be awe- OH WAIT, YOU'RE NOT A FEMSHEP.

Cates

• Veteran
  • Star Citizen Officer
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2013, 02:48 PM »

That can be fixed

Deatch

• Veteran

Banksy

• Registered
« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2013, 04:53 PM »
Cateseffect3

Banksy

• Registered
« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2013, 04:55 PM »
Thanks, I'll take you up on your offer.

Full paragon - check.
All characters survived ME2 - check.
Liara romance - check.
All loyalty missions done from ME2 - check.

how the hell did you get all your characters to survive xD every time i played that damned bald bitch died on me......

Cates

• Veteran
  • Star Citizen Officer
« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2013, 05:48 PM »
The rough requirements necessary to keep everyone alive is to have A) everyone loyal, B) have all ship upgrades purchased and C) choose the right people for the job, i.e. don't tell Jack to do the vents portion b/c she'll have no idea what to do, Garrus is a good squad leader, etc.

Banksy

• Registered
« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2013, 07:09 PM »
god damn it... i lost jack's loyal thing when her and whats her face have that cat fight =p

Cates

• Veteran
  • Star Citizen Officer
« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2013, 09:09 PM »
Yeah, you need to be able to pass some tough Paragon/Renegade rolls. That one for Miranda and Jack, apparently there's a big toughy on Lair of the Shadow Broker before the fight with the Spectre.